KGC 2022 Conference Policy Terms and Conditions
Knowledge Graphs Conference LLC is also referred to as “KGC”, “The Knowledge Graph Conference”. Conference is also referred to as “KGC 2022” taking place on the Cornell Tech campus and globally online.
A ticket purchase confirmation email will be sent to the email address used to purchase the ticket. This email contains your unique link to enter the virtual event and the order invoice.
Conference badges will be issued to and can be used only by the Attendee named in the registration for entry into the event on the registered day and proof of vaccination.
- A government Photo ID will be required to be presented during check-in at the Cornell Tech campus.
- Badges must be worn at all times during the Conference in the event space.
- In addition, each participant will need to pick up their own badge.
Marketing (Photography, Audio, and Video Recording) Notice:
When you attend a KGC event, program, or conference you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
By entering the premises, you release KGC, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
In addition, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by KGC or the person or entity designated to do so by KGC.
If you would like to be excluded from photography, audio, and video recording, please let us know on site so we may accommodate your request on a best efforts basis.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
We presently use Stripe Checkout to process payments for ticket purchases. Checkout creates a secure, Stripe-hosted payment page that lets you collect payments quickly.
For additional information on Stripe policies, please visit: https://stripe.com/
In-Person Event Cancellation Policy
We expect In-Person participants at KGC to read, understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following conditions regarding the event cancellation policy for the In-Person conference.
We do not foresee the cancelation of the virtual portion of the conference.
KGC organizers are dedicated to providing adequate notice regarding the status of the In-Person event. We value, respect and show courtesy to all participants in KGC events, virtual or In-Person. Please understand that we strive to be in compliance with local, state, and federal health and government guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be in touch regularly regarding policy, based on developments in Cornell Tech, New York City, New York State, and the United States.
Terms and Conditions
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless KGC, the venue, the owner of such venue, and the city in which this event is being held, and their respective officers, agents, and employees, from and against all bodily and personal injury, loss, claims, or damage to any person or any property arising in any way from the sponsoring company, its employees, agents, licensees, contractors, or customers. KGC gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event, or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability.
THE EVENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS. The purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability, the views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, or sponsors at the Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily represent the views, opinions, or positions of KGC or any employee thereof. KGC makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees, or sponsors at the Event.
LIABILITY. KGC will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. KGC does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
Ethical Standards & NYC:
This COVID Policy outlines how we, KGC, communicate and comply with ethical standards for the health and wellbeing of individuals interacting with us AND under certain NY laws, and Cornell Tech policies.
This Policy applies to anyone present at the Conference
We take the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, attendees, and partners very seriously. We are continuously monitoring the health and government guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be in touch regularly in the lead up to our events to inform you of any additional measures, over and above this policy, based on developments in New York City, New York State, and the United States.
- To attend our event in-person, at check-in you must show proof of being fully vaccinated (acceptable vaccinations as per Key to NYC Policy).
- A government issued photo identification.
- Without the above, we will regretfully refuse entry to the event.
- The entry requirements listed above are designed to ensure the event is as safe as possible.
Onsite Health & Safety Measures:
- At a minimum, we will be following all mandated venue, municipality, state, and CDC guidelines and laws. This list, and all protocols, are subject to change as the fluid COVID-19 situation changes. For additional information regarding Cornell Tech Policy, please visit: https://tech.cornell.edu/coronavirus/
Contact Tracing Policy:
Personal Protective Equipment:
We ask all participants to provide their own masks, however, we will have extra masks available upon request, should anyone need them. There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
If you aren’t feeling well, please monitor for COVID-19 symptoms. Depending on your symptoms and how unwell you feel, please go to the nearest testing facility, urgent care, or hospital. Please follow the CDC guidelines on when you should seek medical attention, if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
Should you end up testing positive:
- Please notify us at email@example.com with the subject, “C19”
- Follow the CDC guidelines on what to do if you get sick.
- You will not be able to return to the event.
We do not feel that having attendees ‘report’ others with apparent symptoms (which could also be allergies, a cold, etc.) comports with the spirit of the event. We encourage attendees to show regard for the safety of others in the community, by self-reporting any symptoms they themselves may have. The event staff will also be monitoring anything irregular onsite and handle it directly with attendees, as needed.
Sharing Medical Data:
Your information may be shared with necessary third parties to the extent required by local health requirements or regulations. However, as we are not providing COVID-19 testing or medical care through the event, we currently anticipate that it is unlikely that this will be necessary.
Pivoting to Virtual:
Because all attendees are required to be vaccinated and wear masks, we do not foresee any type of closure of the in-person portion of the event being necessary. We would only pivot to a fully virtual event if needed. If this were to happen, we would notify all registered In-Person ticket holders immediately.
If we know that someone is positive as a result of having adequate evidence, we will make an announcement in the next scheduled break and follow up with an email to everyone present at the event to ensure everyone present has adequate notice and documentation of any potential breach in safety.
For virtual tickets, there will be no cancellations or refunds. All sales are final.
Cancellations for In-Person tickets must be received before April 11, 2022.
- Registration cancellations received before April 11, 2022 will receive a full refund minus a $400 administrative fee to exchange the In-Person ticket to a virtual full conference ticket.
- In the event that no timely cancellation notice is received before April 11, 2022, the Attendee forfeits 100% of the total Ticket Price.
- All requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “KGC 2022 Refund”.
- Refunds may take up to 10 business days to be processed post Conference.
- Tickets will be considered canceled once KGC confirms acknowledgement of receipt given by KGC.
Please remember that canceling an In-Person registration may also require you to cancel travel and hotel arrangements; attendees are responsible for canceling these arrangements. Registration change or cancellation is not considered for processing until you receive a confirmation email from KGC.
- You will be able to substitute another attendee in your place by April 28, 2022.
- All requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject of “Transfer Ticket” and include the name and email of the person receiving the ticket.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these policies.