- Visitors to our website that subscribe to our Newsletter by submitting an email address through our site.
- Persons contacting us with a query via email.
- Registrants for a KGC event or program, such as our annual Knowledge Graph Conference, KGC Book Club, or KGC Knowledge Espresso. Registrants may include attendees, representatives of a Sponsor or Partner, Speakers, Moderators, Panel Members, or Interviewees.
Personal Data Collected:
We define personal data as information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. This information may be collected as follows:
- Event Registration details that may include first and last name, email address, and professional details you may provide to us such as job title, and company.
- Payment Information such as billing details to process ticketed registrations for events.
If you participate in any KGC events as a speaker, moderator, panel member, interviewee in addition to what is outlined above, we may also collect
- Your company name and logo
- Your professional profile/biography
- Your image or video
Information we generally do not collect include ethnicity, political or religious beliefs, biometric data or that related to your health.
However, should you voluntarily register or join us for an in-person event, please note:
- We may ask you to notify us of dietary restrictions or preferences so that you may be given suitable options.
- We may be legally required to adhere to any in-person regulations as related to COVID-19 for in-person events. If this is the case, we will provide a reference link outlining legal requirements that must be followed.
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- Date and time you access our site; and
- The Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect:
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
- You are not required to accept any cookies to use this site.
- We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
- We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
- You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser.
- KGC events, products and services are not directed to children under 18 years of age and KGC does not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18 years of age.
- If we learn that we have collected any personal data from children under 18 years old, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
- If you are aware that a child has submitted such information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Child Data”.
Opt-In Subscription Platform Access:
- Personal data provided will not be kept longer than necessary for processing or if there exists a legal obligation to which we must comply.
- For Newsletter subscriptions, we will keep your data unless you request to unsubscribe.
- Your consent is the legal basis for processing data you have provided. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
You may have the following privacy rights under applicable laws and data authority agencies including
- Right to Access: Request an overview of your personal data and what we do with it
- Right to Rectification: Request a modification of your personal data as needed
- Right to Erasure: Request to delete your personal data when no longer needed for processing and provided we do not have a legal reason to retain this data.
- Right to Portability: Request to have your personal data provided to you or a designated person
- Right to Restrict or Limit Processing: Request to do so under certain circumstances
- Right to Object to Processing: Request to do so if you believe it is unnecessary or unlawful
Storage, Retention, And Transfer Of Data:
Both KGC and the event venue for KGC 2023 (Cornell Tech) is situated in New York City, New York in the United States of America. By consenting, you acknowledge that the information we collect about you will be processed in the United States.
We utilize Google Workspace. To review where Google Data Center locations are, click here.
We do not sell personal data. We will not transfer your data to a third party without a legal basis for data processing. This means we will share data only in the following instances:
- When you consent to transfer of data during an event registration process to service you as a participant which may include providing you access to the event, keeping you informed about updates related to the event or payment collection
- When you consent to transfer of data to an event sponsor (notice will be given prior to event access)
- When we have a legal obligation
For California (United States of America) Residents, you may request to opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us with identification documents where required. Should you wish to lodge a complaint, please do so with your local data authority.
Our Contact Details:
This website is owned and operated by Knowledge Graphs Conference LLC, which is headquartered in New York City, New York in the United States.
Our address is 41 West 105th St, New York, NY 10025.
For any privacy related question or concerns, we may be contacted as follows:
- By post, to the postal address given above
- By phone on the contact number 917.740.6917
- By email via email@example.com
Revisions And Updates:
As privacy regulations continue to evolve, we will continue to update this Privacy Statement should we adopt new policies and practices. We recommend that you visit regularly to keep updated.
Last Update: November 3, 2022